Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How to Bootstrap in R: The Case of R-squared

I recorded a new video tutorial whose original intent was to demonstrate how to write a for loop. As I wanted to make the for loop count for something, I decided that my application would be to write some code that computes the bootstrap approximation to the sampling distribution. This is a common econometric application.

Here is the video where I describe the code and the method.



As with most of the videos here, I am merely describing the application. You should understand why you want to bootstrap before you consider running this code (unless you just want to see a for loop in action).

Here is the code I used:



I am not going to post the data on this one, but the code should be easy to modify to work with any data set you use.

1 comment: